Friday, February 04, 2011

'String Him Up'
Racist and eliminationist rhetoric at a Common Cause rally.

...Hartsock: After we impeach Clarence Thomas, what do we do with him? Let's keep it real.

Middle-aged white man with mustache: Put him in--put him in--put him back in the, um--put him back in the fields. I mean, he's a scumbag.

Hartsock: Yeah!

Mustache: He's a dumb sh-- scumbag. Put him back in the fields!

Hartsock: But what about Alito?

Mustache: Alito should--Alito should go back to Sicily.

Hartsock: Yeah. But what about Fox News?

Mustache: Fox News? That's a mis--misappropriation of the English language. There is no news on Fox.

Hartsock: So what do we do with them?

Mustache: Break Rupert Murdoch. Never--never give him a dime. I never turn on Fox, I never give a cent to Rupert Murdoch, and every day I vote with my dollars.

Hartsock: What do we do with Roger Ailes? What do we do with Roger Ailes?

Mustache: Roger Ailes should be strung up and--but, ah, I don't know. Kill the bastard.

[Change of scene]

Hartsock: Justice for Anita Hill. What do we do?

Young woman with sunglasses and nose ring 1: We cut off his toes one by one and feed them to him. . . .

[Change of scene]

Hartsock: What do you say we do with Clarence Thomas after we impeach him?

Young woman with sunglasses and nose ring 2: Bad things.

Hartsock: Like what?

Nose ring 2: I dunno, 'cause I'm all about peace, but I would say torture.

[Change of scene]

Hartsock: [After] we impeach Clarence Thomas, what do we do with him?

Middle-aged woman with squeaky voice: What do we do with him? String him up. And his wife, too. Let's get rid of Ginny.

Hartsock: And then what?

Squeaky: Start all over. Scalia, uh, who are the other a--h---s? I'm sorry.

Hartsock: No, it's OK.

Squeaky: Yeah.

Hartsock: String 'em up, eh?

Squeaky: String 'em up.

Unidentified off-camera male voice: No Koch, no way!

Squeaky: Thomas--Thomas, his wife, Scalia, Roberts--oh my God!

[Change of scene]

Hartsock: After we impeach Clarence Thomas, what should we do with him?

Unidentified off-screen male voice: [unintelligible]

Young man with sunglasses: I don't want to--

Young woman with unpierced nose: I can't say that. I don't want to be on camera saying that.

Hartsock: Saying what? You can say--you can say anything, we're all friends.

Sunglasses: Hang him....