Saturday, August 20, 2011


Horrifying Chicago Police Beating Caught on Video
...Michael and Adrian Ayala were closing up the 7911 Food and Liquor Store on South Archer early Wednesday morning when they said a bunch of Chicago police officers, mistaking them for robbers, beat them up.

Officers were driving by around 1 a.m. as Michael Ayala, 23, was grabbing his keys from inside and his brother waited outside by his bicycle.

Police were apparently not interested in listening to Adrian Ayala’s explanation, and they handcuffed him. That’s when Michael Ayala went outside to find out what was going on.

“I seen them roughing up my brother,” Michael Ayala said. “I was telling them, ‘Could you please stop doing that to my brother.’ When I said that, a cop came around, opened the door and he hit me a couple times.”

The video does not show that, but it clearly shows what happens after the cops let the two men go without charges. An angry Michael Ayala yelled at one of the cops that he had them on video tape, and he wasn’t going to let it go.

“That’s when the sergeant just flipped out on me,” Michael Ayala said...