Wednesday, May 04, 2005


Onward Christian Soldiers
His name was Jayson Tice, he was twenty-five, and he worked at Red Lobster. . . . His mother had moved to Colorado Springs, so Jayson and his girlfriend did too; his mother had left after three months, but Jayson had already decided that God, not his mother, had called him to the mountains.

"Colorado Springs," Jayson Told me, "this particular city, this one city is a battleground"--he paused - - "between good and evil. This is spiritual Gettysburg." Why here? I asked. He thought about it and rephrased his answer. "This place is just a watering hole for Christians. For God's people. Something extra powerful's about to pour out of this city. I hope not to stay in Colorado Springs, because I want to spread what's going on here. I'm a warrior, dude. I'm a warrior for God. Colorado Springs is my training ground. ...