Wednesday, May 11, 2005


Recruitment scandal
...The Army will set aside a full day on May 20 as the day to have every recruiter across America review Army recruiting policies and standards. It's an effort to stop overly aggressive recruiting tactics.

Nationwide, the Army wants to make sure men and women who become soldiers do so without being threatened.

The announcement comes just one day after the 11 News Defenders exposed a Houston Army recruiter threatening to arrest a local young man if he didn't report that day to the army recruiting station.

Sgt. Thomas kelt left this message on that young man's cell phone: "Hey Chris, this is Sgt. Kelt with the Army man. I think we got disconnected. Okay, I know you were on your cell probably and just had a bad connection or something like that. I know you didn't hang up on me. Anyway, by federal law you got an appointment with me at 2 o'clock this afternoon at Greenspoint Mall, okay? That's the Greenspoint Mall Army Recruiting Station at 2 o'clock. You fail to appear and we'll have a warrant. Okay? So give me a call back."...